WELCOME TO MY BLOG
Welcome Marvelous People!
This blog article is part of a series of 7 articles that can serve you in your daily meditations on “The Do’s & Don’ts to Becoming Super Productive”.
As fate would have it, like many of you, I’ve spent the majority of my lifetime learning & working on the Do’s & Don’ts to Become Super Productive.
May I encourage you to give each bullet point one full day of focus? In so doing, you will see yourself leverage your time more effectively.
Our first idea may or may not be obvious to you.
1. From this day forward - consider almost never going to the post office, bank & other miscellaneous errands that mostcertainly can be handled by someone else or can be done electronically.
(Exception: you're required to sign some official documents needing to be witnessed.) Usually, this doesn’t occur frequently. Others can run these errands, NOT you. This may seem like a little thing. And you may enjoy your errands & the people you visit with at these places. But the reality is, you simply can’t afford your time to be spent in this way. Not if you are truly committed to becoming the Super Productive person that you are meant to become. Just think how much time each day you spend on these errands. Come up with a number & multiply that by the number of days per month you do this.
Can you see how this one simple strategy can leverage your time to pursue more meaningful projects & goals?
Our next idea to consider may sound unusual.
2. Don’t have appointments & meetings outside of your home or work area, if possible. (Given the circumstances surrounding the pandemic, conducting appointments & meetings virtually is now part of the “new” normal) Never say again, “well when things return back to normal?” Forget about it. It’s not going to happen. So move on. Stop living “past-based”. Live “present-based” only.
3. If you are in a managerial role at your work, don't meet your employees, customers or prospects in your immediate office. Rather, “DO” meet them in your team members office. Now, where am I going with this? If you're the leader of the business, we need to move forward with this key strategy. I'm not saying you can do it right away, but we need to move toward sitting in a tandem appointment with a team member that will handle the transactions & follow-up while you do what’s best. Asking questions. Sharing value. Building relationships.
4. Keep in mind, a huge benefit of tandem appointments is that you have two people listening & serving the customerAnd trust me, you will miss many things, if you are only meeting 1-on-1 & not in tandem with your co-worker or team member.
5. Lastly, don't use a computer when you could have used a whiteboard. Hang on now, stay with me here. The reason to choose the whiteboard versus the computer is that when you SHOW THEM that you have the ability to create their own customized program or solutions right in front of them, they CONNECT with your command of the topic & the expertise you provide. They want to be confident in your expertise. It is our responsibility to SHOW THEM WHY we are worthy of earning their confidence. That sets you apart from yourcompetitors. This is a perfect example of how you can SHOW VALUE. Just by using this simple strategy.
Over the years in my appointments, parents sometimes bring their children. Well, one day without any planning there was a child that was a bit fidgety, so all I did was hand him our Expo Markers. Instead of me writing on the whiteboard I LET THE CHILD do my writing. NOW STOP A SECOND. Can you picture this? Can you see how powerful this idea was? I literally just stumbled upon this idea by accident.
Point: when parents see that you love kids & you just had the child write out your ideas, wow! Trust me, your competitor(s) are not doing this unless they are graduates from my Marvelous Performance School. And in my case, the children have a better handwriting. :>) Added bonus!!
“Choose the whiteboard, not the computer!”
We want to encourage you to share these ideas with your family, fellow colleagues & team members.
Many owners & team members tell me that they will pull up one of our blog articles & use it to get the right thoughts flowing at their meetings.
Let us know how you use the material.
Know that we would be grateful to conduct virtual meetings, presentions & workshops to help your group understand the world of insurance better, how to work smarter & Go Home Early!
Let’s talk today.
Peace, love & Gumbo!
Marvin LeBlanc, LUTCF ®, CNP ®
Call us today at...
Toll Free 1-855-787-9669
You can now set an appointment on my calendar when it suits your schedule!
The link is calendly.com/marvinleblancspeaker
Email us at...
Please follow us on...
Visit our websites at...
Copyright © 2018 Marvelous Performance Systems