By: Author Unknown
"Do You Make a Difference?" was sent to me awhile back by a colleague of mine that I've known for 20 years.
Might I suggest you SLOW DOWN and really read this great piece of advice. As always, Marvelous Performance Systems is interested in your opinions, reflections and feedback. Be sure to use the reply and feedback feature at the end of the article.
Subject: Do You Make A Difference?
You don't actually have to take the quiz. Just read straight through, and you'll get the point.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the top five news stories five years ago.
3. Name ten presidents or leaders of the biggest countries in the world.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor or actress.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headlines of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel, appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
The people who make a difference in your life are not the most powerful ones,nor have the most money or awards. They are the ones that care. If you are in need of some good ole' motivation to kick off 2017 get in touch!
Email me at email@example.com We can set up some one on one time or a group event. I am here to help you be more successful!
About the Author
Marvin LeBlanc LUTCF, CNP, is a performance strategist and author of the number one Amazon Kindle best-selling book, Come Hell or High Water: Life Lessons from Hurricane Katrina. Marvin not only brings wisdom and insight gained from his three decades in the insurance and finance industries, but he also empowers others through his unique sharing of lessons and techniques from years of corporate and leadership training and motivational programs. A vibrant entrepreneur who makes the stage his own–and yours, Marvin’s humor-filled stories bring inspiration, heart-warming truths and tangible, strategic takeaways you can bring back to your organization.