Hello Marvelous People:
Let’s examine a recent selling dilemma that recently occurred with one of our students in our Sales Performance School.
Scenario: A hard working, excited salesperson has put a bunch of quotes/offers out in the marketplace since the beginning of the year.
Problem: While it is guaranteed that there can be no consistent, reliable results without “Activity” - “Activity” does not guarantee results, especially, if it’s the wrong activity.
Bigger Problem: if you are sincerely generating the right activities and you are not getting the desired result you want,(a sale) then your confidence will be destroyed.
No confidence = No fun.
“Now when you gave your prospect/client that quote/offer, was it over the phone or via email/fax?”
“When you shared your quote/offer, did you and the prospect/client agree to the next day/date you will see them or the next day & time you will call them?”
I mention this because so frequently, those new to the sales profession give up too early. And one of the reasons they are subjected to unnecessary rejection is because they don’t position themselves properly in the minds of the prospect from the very beginning.
I’m trying to help you avoid the emotional roller coaster one goes through when he/she really believes that a prospect/client is going to move forward with their quote/offer and the prospect/client was NEVER EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE to moving forward with the quote/offer.
Please understand - if someone is nice, respectful, courteous or amiable. That’s all it means. BUYING SIGNALS ARE SOMETHING entirely different. Don’t mistake the two. Know the difference.
1. Maintain control of the dialog. Not because you are a control freak; but because your job is to deliver WORTHWHILE PRODUCTS/SERVICES to those that need them.
2. If you’re in an industry that allows you to see them face-to-face, then this appointment will yield more results than a phone appointment.
3. Don’t over talk "product"
4. Do talk in terms of the BENEFITS that your product/service will offer. Your clients only care about what’s in it for THEM! Would you please make it about them? It isn’t about you!!]
5. The more time passes, the faster they go from hot to lukewarm to cold.
6. Create the sense of urgency now or risk spending too much time making follow up calls to prospects that will never buy.
Marvelous People, we need you to leave a comment or drop me your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org
What we are looking for are:
1. The actual things your prospects/clients say to you that indicate they are interested
2. The last 3 sales you made, what were the verbal or non-verbal buying signals you observed
3. Future topics that you would like to see us discuss
The best gift is a referral! If you or someone you know would like to know how to SELL smarter, work LESS and sell MORE have them get in touch with me!