By: Jonathan Fields
Hello, Marvelous People! If you haven’t heard of Jonathan Fields, then allow me to expose you to our guest blogger this week. His “out of the box” ideas on re-inventing yourself and your career will be a fresh breath of air for you today. But you’ll have to read his blog below at least 2-3 times to really absorb it. Until now, you thought you didn’t have time for the most “Important” things. But you do.
- Published 17 blog posts
- Organized, promoted and conducted four conference calls (three for the blog, one for my private Creation Tribe)
- Processed more than 6,000 emails
- Updated my Facebook status dozens of times
- Tweeted hundreds of times
- Read hundreds of posts, articles and a few books
- Had 14 Skype/phone meetings and interviews
- Attended five face-to-face meetings and events
- Meditated, moved my body and played guitar every day
- Ate breakfast and dinner with my family nearly every day, and…
- Wrote 25,000 words and completed the manuscript for my next book
How do you do so much?
There are tons of ways to answer that question.
I could share how I batch my activities, so while it looks like I’m all over the place, online all the time, there’s actually a bit more science to it.
I could talk about how I hyper-focus, if I’m writing or creating, how I don’t answer anyone, pick up the phone or respond to anything but emergencies.
I could reveal how my meditation creates so much clarity and fresh ideas, I literally can’t bring them all to life (I don’t get writer’s block, I get writer’s logjam)
But, truth is, I get so much done…
Because that’s what pros do. There’s no magic to it.
- There’s nothing superhuman or even exceptional about it.
- Being prolific is how I earn my living.
- Being ubiquitous is how I earn my living.
- Building relationships, online and offline, is how I earn my living.
- Helping people with whatever time I have is how I earn my living.
- Motivational speaking is how I earn my living.
- Listening and devouring knowledge is how I earn my living.
- Solving problems and adding value is how I earn my living.
- I get so much done BECAUSE IT’S MY JOB and I LOVE IT!
- Tools strategies, tactics, apps and vehicles are all great.
- But, it starts with being willing to hunker down.
- Day in, day out, regardless of the weather.
- Show up. Dig in. Own the work.
- Because that’s what pros do.
About The Author
Jonathan Fields is…a giddy dad, husband, New Yorker, serial wellness-industry entrepreneur, author, recovering S.E.C./mega-firm hedge-fund lawyer, slightly-warped, unusually-stretchy, spiritually-inclined, obsessed with creation, small-biz and online marketing consultant and venture partner, book-marketer, professional speaker, copywriter, entrepreneur-coach, yoga-teacher, columnist, once-a-decade hook-rug savant, blogger and career renegade™…gone wild. Visit him at www.JonathanFields.com.